Remember when you were a kid and what it was like when it was almost time to start school? For most of you, your parents took you to the store, with list in hand, and bought the coveted new school supplies. If you could really beat up your backpack during the previous year, you may get the latest, coolest backpack too. Not only did you get to buy school supplies and backpack, but you also may have even gotten some new, latest-fashion back-to-school clothes. For some kids, they don’t get to do that. For some, they are lucky if their backpacks can be stitched together and to have clothes they can still fit. Some do not have any school supplies, new clothes or a backpack.
Our annual Back to School Backpack Giveaway is coming up on August 13 and we’d love to help those in need who will not get backpacks or school supplies this year. It is our hope that you’ll feel this way too.
5 reasons to participate or volunteer for the Back To School Backpack Giveaway:
- Donating & volunteering for the Back to School Backpack Giveaway helps children in need have the tools to be successful.
- Donating school supplies and clothing helps those in need.
- Volunteering benefits those in need.
- Volunteering for the Back to School Backpack Giveaway brings the community together, regardless of socio-economic or cultural ethnicity.
- Donating school supplies and clothing helps clean out the stores and your closet.
Partner with City Gates Ministries to help those in need!
Here is the fundraising schedule coming up. WE NEED VOLUNTEERS to help.
FUND RAISING SCHEDULE:
Saturday, June 27th, July 11th, 18th and August 8th
10:00 PM / 4:00 PM
Tumwater Walgreens (CAR WASH)
July 18th July 25th August 1st
10:00 PM / 3:00 PM
Hawks Prairie Walgreens
July 18th, July 25th, August 1st
10:00 PM / 3:00 PM
For more information go to www.citygatesministries.org or Call Phil Prietto: 360-359-1999